Monday 16 July 2012

English Lake District, simply perfect!

Well, I have been out of the loop for a fortnight because my internet connection has been painfully slow but I have been savouring the delights of some time up in the English Lake District.
Some of my Dad's family  came from there and we still have strong family connections in this area.
I'm going to share some random photos for now and later I would like to go into a bit more detail about Herdwick Sheep, Beatrix Potter, mountain climbs etc. Believe me, I could go on and on.....!

Walk down a country lane

Herdwick sheep through an iron gate

Honeysuckle smells so delicious!

Into the village

Then back across the fields, this shows wool on the fence

A gate that leads to who knows where.......

New leaves
Wild Rose in the Hedgerow

Tree trunk growing around a rock



This is just a taste of the wonders that the Lake District has to offer.  And I haven't even shown you a lake or a mountain yet!
You can see why I don't have any trouble finding inspiration for my jewellery.  I am so lucky to find it everywhere I go!
Oh my goodness, not a potato to be seen!  Never mind,  life is too good to be limited to just one thing!

Thanks for taking a look at my photos 
and I wonder if any of you have ever been to the Lake District? 
Tell me about your favourite place in all the world .....I would love to hear!
  

6 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful. I have visited the UK a couple of times but not sure we made it to the Lakes District - need to check a map --and my memory! But I do remember the beautiful green english countryside - those tiny country roads.. You make me want to go back there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have enjoyed a bit of a trip down memory lane Lorraine! That lush green countryside means rain, which there has been plenty of here recently. I must say we have managed to miss most of it, though some areas have had flooding.

      Delete
  2. Dear Sweet Jane, it looks like you are having a marvelous visit. I am so delighted that you are taking photos of the Lake District . . . I being an American that never travels very far from home, had not even heard of the Lake District until the movie Miss Potter. I have always loved Beatrix Potter's books, but then everyone with a warm fuzzy place in their heart, loves her books. Your photography is wonderful, my favorite is the garden gate . . . oh, I have thoughts go through my little brain of Alice and her adventure. I want to see what is beyond the garden gate. You know what I mean. I am so grateful that you are taking your camera with you when you venture out and about. God bless you, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sweet Connie, thank you so much for your thoughts and comments:) Beatrix Potter was a fascinating person and I do hope that the movie will go on into part 2 because her life in the Lake District is the fulfilment of her dreams I think, and it is so interesting. Bye for now Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Jane, so looking forward to going there later this year! Will make sure other Quadrant travellers check out your photographs too. I love details; your photographs really are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for that Fiona! Hadn't thought of it before, but I think you are right, I am a bit of a details person! Love the unexpected designs you find in nature. You are going to have a wonderful time on your Quadrant holiday! Cheers Jane

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and thank you for taking the time.
I really do appreciate it.