Monday 11 June 2012

Odd Bods!


Well today we are having a bit of fun thanks to Jacqueline, from Zippy Zippy,
who loves making things, growing things, and baking things.  
Not long ago, she featured the odd bod potatoes 
from the last of her potato crop in a really fun way.


Last of the spud harvest

Which tater will I pick?

Hmmm maybe this one? So many to choose from....

Maybe this one, it's got a handle :)

Well you'd better zip on over to Jacqueline's Zippy Zippy Blog to see which one he actually choses!

------------------------------------------------------

And here is something you can do with those nice odd shaped little potatoes from Jamie Oliver


photo David Loftus, Recipe Jamie Oliver


Ingredients

• 1kg Jersey Royals
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and bashed


Method

Wash your potatoes and parboil until almost tender. When done, drain them, drizzle with just a little touch of olive oil and roll in a tablespoon of sea salt, a little freshly ground black pepper and the rosemary. 

Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7. Put the potatoes in a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes until golden. Or wrap them in tin-foil and throw them on the barbie for the same amount of time.


Look good, smell good, and I bet they taste pretty OK too!
And don't forget to nip over to zippyzippy to see which spud he chooses!

-------------------------------------------------

And since we're talking about odd bod spuds, how about this one!


My Earth Apple Jewellery 
"Red Hot Chillies" potato pendant
See it and others in my madeit store

Can you guess what type of potato this one is created from?? Leave your thoughts here, in the comments below:)



8 comments:

  1. I have to struggle to even remember the names of potatoes... ummm...one of those red ones? It is a lovely piece of jewellery, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Lori, but I am afraid you are not dead on with the potato guessing game:) We'll see if anyone else gets it right, and if not I'll let you know next week!
    Bye for now and thanks for having a go, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try that recipe with the Jersey Royals, they're just in season here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is fantastic Rowan, let us know if they are as delicious as they sound!!

      Delete
  4. Jane Jane Jane! Your blog is delightful as usual. This recipe looks delicious. You are full of fun and you bless others with it. Many thanks for sharing.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much Steve!! It's great to be able to share a bit of light hearted fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, Well, your necklace does look more like a chili pepper doesn't it? I can not make an intelligent guess, because I really have not experimented cooking with lot of different potatoes. I mostly use Russets, reds and sweet potatoes. I'm going to have to branch out, because I'm learning there are so many different spuds out there. That's what we call them here, "Spuds." I lived in the southern part of the USA for a few years, and folks there called them "Tatters." The ones that you show in your recipe look so good, I could make a meal of just them, but I love my carbs.
    Have a great day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie, you are right, there are so many different spuds out there. I plan to look at a few of the different varieties in an upcoming post. And by the way, I haven't forgotten to find out about the chip/crisp/french fry debate. I wish I could spend all day investigating because I love it, but so much other stuff to do isn't there! Bye for now Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and thank you for taking the time.
I really do appreciate it.