Tuesday 1 May 2012

Sharing My Excitement!!

Two exciting things  happened to me yesterday,  which I need to share!

  • Well if that wasn't exciting enough, I received an email from Dagmar at Agrarwelt, to say that the article she had been talking to me about had been printed in their  newsletter,  /Schmucke Erdäpfel/ Page 12 .
  • It's extremely exciting, but the problem is my German is non-existent, and I would really love to know what she has written.  So if anyone speaks German, please get in touch!


Anyway, I thought I would share the Purple Harmony Potato Pendant which Little Deer Creations picked for her Eco friendly recommendation on Madeit.
And here it is.

It is a slice of potato, lovingly wrapped in purple and hand printed with a sage leaf for decoration.

And though I hadn't planned on doing another recipe hot on the heels of the last one, I just had to include this potato and sage recipe from Taste.com.au

Preparation Time
Cooking Time
Ingredients (serves 10)
  • 30g butter, melted
  • 750g desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
  • 125ml (1/2 cup) double cream
  • 1 tbs finely chopped fresh sage
  • Salt & freshly ground black pepper
  • Fresh sage leaves, to garnish


Method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Drizzle melted butter evenly among ten 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans.
Combine the potato, garlic, cream and sage in a glass bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture among muffin pans. Smooth the surface slightly.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Turn onto a clean chopping board.
Arrange the potato bakes on a serving platter. Sprinkle with sage and serve immediately.
Individual potato and sage bakes
Photography by Ian Wallace




Wow, it looks delicious, and the sage in me says that it must be delicious! 

Enjoy, and catch you again very soon!

8 comments:

  1. Jane, it just goes to show that good things happen to good people. I am so excited for you. I do not speak German at all other than being able to ask for Apple Strudel, I think that's German, right? I can say good morning and please give me strudel LOL...I'm always taking care of my appetite. Your pendant is charming, you deserve recognition. Have a great week! Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three cheers for Apple Strudel, Connie! Delicious.
      My son showed me Google Translate, so that has helped with the German translation.
      Didn't you and Steve have a great day out the other day and your barn sale finds are real treasures:) bye for now Jane

      Delete
  2. lovely pendant. super recipe..you do have a way with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you so much! I appreciate you dropping by for a look. Vegetables can be fun and sometimes quite time consuming, as I saw in your recent post about turnips! bye for now Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, always good when other 'find you" cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marie, that is very true. I think we all struggle with putting ourselves out there, it doesn't come naturally to "blow your own trumpet", so it's nice when others do it for you! Incidentally, I just love the way you bring your needle felted characters to life on your blog weaving stories around them:) Bye for now Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Jane, I just wanted to write and tell you that whatever you posted yesterday titled, This is just the cutest! . . . is not coming up . . . at least where we live. So, if you don't get any comments . . . that may be the reason. I like seeing cute things, so I'm curious to what it is. Have a great weekend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Connie. I wanted to make sure I had got the credits correct for the photo, so I took it back to draft while checking.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments and thank you for taking the time.
I really do appreciate it.