Thursday 22 March 2012

World Water Day Today

We have our own pump from a bore for our water supply.  Sometimes, because it is getting on a bit in years, it coughs and splutters with an air blockage.  Well this morning I turned on the tap for a nice cup of tea and the tap shuddered and before I could escape it had splurted  and sprayed water all over me.  Well, you should have heard the bleepable words that came out!!
But once I cooled down a bit, I thought about the mention on the radio this morning that it is  UN World Water Day.   Millions of people in the world don't have a water supply  like I do.  What was I worried about?  A bit of a splutter?  Time to take stock and be grateful I think:)




And by the way, potatoes are made up of 80% water. 
Thought you'd like to know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and thank you for taking the time.
I really do appreciate it.